Bait boats are undeniably effective at baiting swims and dropping rigs, particualrly in hard to reach places. Their multi-functional design allows a bait boat to drop off a variety of different baits quickly and easily as well as having the capability to drop terminal tackle (ledger/rigs) over a location with pin point accuracy.
Best Bait Boats on the Market
Currently the market is not saturated with bait boats. There is an uprise in cheaper models being produced in the East but Angling Technics and GrandeSlam produce some of the most widely appreciated bait boats at the moment. Our top selection contains models form both these brands…
The microcat handles itself very well in the water, and boasts 2 hoppers that can open individually enabling you to release 2 rigs and drop bait off at separate locations!
- Dimensions: (L x W x H): 69cm x 37cm x 17cm
- Bait capacity: 4kg approx
- Range: 600+/- meters environmental/weather dependent.
- Jet propulsion ideal for use over weed
Price Range: £700 – £800
The Waverunner features two independant hoppers and benefits from stainless steel weed guards…
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 59cm x 33cm x 21cm
- Bait capacity: 3kg approx
- Range: 500-1000 metres-environmental/weather dependent..
- Ultra Bright Leds to aid navigation
Price Range: £600 – £999
The Technicat offers several important features and is built from strong ABS plastic with a glossy finish
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 64cm x 40cm x 22cm | Weight: 6 kgs
- Bait capacity: 3kg approx
- Range: 400+/- meters environmental/weather dependent.
- Compatible with Anging Technics Echo/ Fish Finder Systems
Price Range: £649 – £749
The Atom is cleverly designed to allow easier self maintenance, and high level control while on the water
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 54cm x 38cm x 22cm
- Bait capacity: 1.5kg approx
- Range: 500 metres-environmental/weather dependent..
- Running time: 1.5hours +/-
Price Range: £449 – £699
Designed with high impact ABS plastic, the Procat MK2 boasts superior steering, reverse thrust and zero maintenance drive thrusters
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 62cm x 28cm x 13.5cm
- Bait capacity: 0.75kg approx
- Range: 200 metres-environmental/weather dependent..
- Running time: 2hours +/-
Price Range: £445 – £520
Bait Boats – Luxury or Neccesity?
We don’t expect to see ‘Bait Boat’ on the essentials checklist next to ‘discourger’ anytime soon, but it’s not a surprise to see the popularity of bait boats on the rise, with bands such as GrandSlam and Angling Technics producing super vessels such as the Waverunner and the Microcat Bait Boat (our top spot holder) repsectively. Their price may place them in the luxury tackle range, but their capability means they are an invaluable addition for the professional angler, and bring an element of fun to the bank for the rest of us!